ALL producers will be required to complete a farm bio-security plan as part of the “Livestock Assurance Program” (LPA).
The bio-security plan to comply with LPA will be the “LBN” cut down bio-security plan which also complies with JBAS - 7 and JBAS - 6.
We have been advised that the preferred bio-security plan to comply with JBAS -7 & JBAS - 6 is the LBN cut down & Bio-Security Plan.
Please note the entry requirements for each state/territory:
1. A bio-security plan (LBN cut down bio-security plan Download link below) implemented by the 30th June 2017 and this must be overseen by a veterinarian.
2. Check test of 50 animals (annually)
1. A bio-security plan implemented by the 30th June 2017 and this DOES NOT require a veterinarian oversite. (LBN cut down bio-security plan Download link below)
**** PLEASE NOTE **** Individual properties (cattle producers) in the Northern Territory and Queensland, may require a higher level of BJD management. Members are advised to consider maintaining Queensland’s current level of JBAS – 7 to ensure maximum competition on all cattle sales. If a members wishes to maintain JBAS – 7, the following requirements must be meet.
JBAS – 7
1. A bio-security plan (LBN cut down bio-security plan Download link below) implemented by the 30th June 2017 overseen by a veterinarian
2. A triennial check test of 50 animals with the first test to be completed by 30th June 2018
Please Note as with previous conditions of sale, members wishing to sell cattle at any of the ABBA sales or privately to buyers in Western Australia and now Northern Territory, are to provide a copy of the test results and LBN cut down bio-security plan as proof of compliance to our registrations department, email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation with this important issue.
Chief Executive Officer