Dear Australian Brahman Breeders Association Member
Both Western Australian and the Northern Territory have now confirmed their entry requirements for all cattle entering their state. Please note below requirements for each state/territory:
1. A Bio-security plan (JBAS-7 LINK BELOW) implemented by the 30th June 2017 and this must be overseen by a veterinarian.
2. Check test of 50 animals (annually)
1. A Bio-security plan implemented by the 30th June 2017 and this DOES NOT require a veterinarian oversite. (JBAS – 6 LINK BELOW)
**** PLEASE NOTE **** Individual properties (cattle producers) in the Northern Territory and Queensland, may require a higher level of BJD management.
Members are advised to consider maintaining Queensland’s current level of JBAS – 7 to ensure maximum competition on all cattle sales. If a members wishes to maintain JBAS – 7, the following requirements must be meet.
JBAS – 7
1. A Bio-security plan (JBAS – 7 template attached) implemented by the 30th June 2017 overseen by a veterinarian
2. A triennial check test of 50 animals with the first test to be completed by 30th June 2018
Please Note as with previous conditions of sale, members wishing to sell cattle at any of the ABBA sales or privately to buyers in Western Australia and now Northern Territory, are to provide a copy of the above documentation as proof of compliance to our registrations department, email: email@example.com
Thank you for your cooperation with this important issue.
Chief Executive Officer